As mentioned in our update, A Reader’s Review Blog has been nominated by Sabrina at The Urban Book Thief for the Liebster Award! Thank you, Sabrina! Bloggers pass on this award to new bloggers if they feel that their blog is worth viewing, but have fewer than 200 followers! This allows bloggers to promote each other in a fun way, which I think is quite cool! To accept the award we must list 11 facts about ourselves, answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated us and also nominate 11 other new blogs for this amazing award! Hehe! As a little bit of fun, Tina and myself have decided we would both post 11 facts about ourselves and answer the questions from Sabrina! So, without further ado, below you will find the 11 facts about ourselves, answers to The Urban Book Thief’s questions and a list of the 11 blogs that Tina and myself have nominated for the award.
- I never wanted to read a paranormal novel, thinking they were unbelievable. How wrong was I?!
- My favourite subject at school was history.
- I have never had a filling.
- I got my partner into running when we first met, deciding to start jogging. I stopped after a few runs and yet my partner runs 2-3 times a week, runs fun runs and has taken part in marathons, including the London Marathon! Twice!!! He has been doing this for 12 years!
- My favourite colour is blue.
- I enjoy watching the Snooker World Championships and love watching Ronnie O’Sullivan play. He has won the title 4 times now, 3 of which were the years my children were born!
- I used to be an avid music fan of most rock/pop acts and my knowledge was fairly good. I was called a ‘walking encyclopaedia’ at school! These days I am heavily into tv programmes, such as The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Hell on Wheels, Breaking Bad, Lie To Me, Scrubs, True Blood, The Walking Dead, Boomtown, Southland and more recently Elementary and Chicago Fire! (To name but a few – there are many, many more!!!)
- For the last 3 years, until very recently, I was attending my friends Zumba classes 2-3 times a week. During some of these classes when I was needed I would take to the stage myself and help guide the class with some of the moves through the tracks! Very embarrassing and nerve-racking but great fun!!!
- At my first high school Sports Day I won the 400m race for my team, competing against some really great cross country runners! I am not a sporty person and so I am quite proud of that one! Couldn’t do it again though! Hehe!!
- After being the second from last out of my class to learn how to swim, I am determined to encourage my kids to learn, or to take part in other sports of their choice, to help with their confidence, self-esteem and socialising just as much as the physical exercise and well-being! I am very proud to say my 8 yr old daughter has achieved her 1km in swimming and practising for her lifesaver badge!
- My favourite actor has got to be Clint Eastwood. As well as his westerns, such as A Fistful of Dollars, and his action cop thrillers, such as Dirty Harry, I was brought up watching him in Every Which Way But Loose and Any Which Way You Can! From High Plains Drifter to Gran Torino, from Play Misty For Me to The Rookie he’s just fantastic!
- I like watching historical re-enactments, knights in shining (or tarnished) armour being my favourite.
- In researching my family history I have found many surprising facts, such as some Irish ancestry, criminal ancestors and an MP.
- I proposed to my husband in a leap year, after making sure that he had drunk enough El Presidente cocktail to sink a ship. I am normally quite shy and retiring, but I wanted to be sure of success!
- I am a liberal minded parent – my two girls rule the roost. I am banking on the fact that they will keep me in luxury in my retirement, as some research has found that this is the best way to foster genius. My excuse for lack of discipline!
- My fave holiday destination ever was my visit the US touring the San Francisco and then going inland to take in the many national parks.
- My star sign is Sagittarius. I was once heavily into astrology and cast my own natal chart.
- I nearly always prefer the book to the film.
- I believe in a superior being, but I think that it is more likely to be female than male.
- I believe that there are other sentient beings out there in space watching us and I have a secret wish to be abducted by a handsome alien and whisked off to the stars.
- I will often annoy my family by singing very loudly to the original soundtrack of War of the Worlds.
- I am not a feminist and prefer to celebrate the differences between the sexes.
Below are mine and Tina’s answers to The Urban Book Thief’s questions:-
Qu 1. Chicken or the egg – choose!
Tina: The egg – if only because it has got to hatch out of something!
Caroline: The egg definitely, as the chicken could possibly be a cross-breed.
Qu 2. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Tina: I can’t claim any credit for this one – it was Caroline’s excellent idea!
Caroline: I thought it was simple, to the point and I always like onomatopoeia!!
Qu 3. Which one of your posts/book reviews was the most fun to write?
Tina: Evi Rabi’s Gringa: In the Clutches of a Ruthless Drug Lord.
Caroline: Vampire Seeker by Tim O’Rourke. I wrote it with a great deal of passion as I loved the book. It is one of my favourites!
Qu 4. What did you eat for breakfast today?
Tina: Chopped apple and natural yoghurt.
Caroline: Coco Pops
Qu 5. Where are all the baby pigeons?
Tina: I think they must hatch fully grown as I’ve never seen a baby one, although we get lots of adult pigeons in our garden. Perhaps they have been abducted by aliens and returned to Earth fully grown to spy on us?
Caroline: Maybe the baby pigeons age quickly so we never get to see them as babies. Or maybe they are invisible and can only appear when fully grown. This needs to be investigated!!!
Qu 6. What are you reading right now?
Tina: Borderland Beauty, a medieval romance, by Samantha Holt.
Caroline: Charades by Ann Logan.
Qu 7. Which book character do you simply love the most?
Tina: Barrons from Karen Marie Moning’s Fever Series. If you have read it you will know why!
Caroline: I quite like Harry from Vampire Seeker right now!
Qu 8. Which is your favourite book series?
Tina: JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood. The series just gets better and better and her vamps are HOT.
Caroline: Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward. This dark series focuses on all characters, each with their own characteristics, and the whole plot is packed with everything you could wish for.
Qu 9. Ninjas or Pirates – Choose!
Tina: Ninjas – I have always wanted the ability to dodge the raindrops as I hate the rain.
Caroline: Pirates for me as they seem to be naughty, crafty, cheeky and great characters. When I think of the word ‘pirate’ it reminds me of Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow. Ninja reminds me of the ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ with theit great big rubber outfits! Hehe!
Qu 10. If you could have a supernatural power what would it be?
Tina: To shapeshift so that I could take on the appearance of someone else – just think of the fun getting access to places usually verboten and seeing or hearing what goes on! Either that or an invisibility cloak!
Caroline: I was going to say to read minds but I’m not sure. I would love to be a vampire for a while though!!
Qu 11. What’s black and white and red all over?
Tina: A newspaper with the measles.
Caroline: A zebra with a suntan.
Now for our 11 nominees for the Leibster Award:-
If the nominees above would like to take part, they too would need to list 11 facts about themselves, answer our 11 questions from below and nominate 11 other new blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) as well as ask them 11 questions. Our 11 questions for the nominees above are as follows:-
- What inspired you to begin a blog?
- What is your favourite book genre?
- Where is your favourite place in the world?
- If you could be an animal, which animal would you be?
- Which animal scares you the most?
- Which musical instrument would you love to play?
- Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
- Who is your most favourite author?
- What is your favourite meal?
- If you could be a tv/film comedy character of your choice, who would you be?
- If you were to write a book, which genre would best describe it?