Many many thanks to Sarah Colliver, author, blogger and keen photographer for our nomination for the super ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD which we are both delighted to accept. You can find Sarah’s blog, where you can read about her inspirational Peggy Rodman Series and her poetry and look at her beautiful photographs of the Forest of Dean at:
Without further ado here are our 7 nominees for the ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD:
7 RANDOM FACTS about Tina and Caroline who blog on areadersreviewblog:
1) Although currently mistress of all I survey at home – the cooker, the vacuum, the refrigerator, the ironing and the cleaning and not forgetting the children, in the dim and distant past I played at other things. These included working in the NHS, local government and the Fire Service. My favourite jobs were those where I worked in area regeneration and produced policies to combat poverty and social exclusion.
2) I have been friends with Caroline since I worked alongside her in the Fire Service.
3) I prefer tea to coffee and I am a very tactile person (see Caroline’s Random Fact no 3).
4) I adore reading, especially romance books, from sweet to erotic, in every sub genre imaginable. I sometimes read erotica.
5) Guests at my wedding were encouraged to be ‘hands on’ and to participate in the entertainment. We had two musicians who played medieval music, were attired in medieval costumes and who compelled guests to throw themselves fully into the dance of the ‘Amorous Pea’, which they claimed was all the rage at the French court. It was only later when we looked at the wedding video that we realised that some guests were less than enthusiastic!
6) I prefer white wine to red, as if I drink red wine I peak too early and am prone to falling over or revealing mine and everyone else’s darkest secrets.
7) I am scared of heights.
1) I was named after a Status Quo song.
2) I absolutely love the sitcom ‘Scrubs’ – so much so that I had pink pyjamas similar to the scrubs that they wear on the show (just by chance) and I really wanted a real stethoscope to go with them so I could pretend to be Sarah Chalke’s character, ‘Elliot’!
3) Have known Tina for 13 years, worked with her, rented a home from her, had children at similar times as her, created this blog with her – all after Tina recommending to our boss to take me on for a job after an interview in which she found out I had sold some fluffy diaries!!!
4) I loved writing as a teenager, I made up lyrics in the styles that I thought were similar to Celine Dion and Blur. My favourite piece of writing is an intro I wrote for a biography on the music band Oasis. I thought of a great title too. Now I just need to write the remainder of the book!!!
5) I used to want to knit. However, I couldn’t place the stitches over the needle to begin with and once I got going my knitting always ended up with holes throughout!
6) When I was about 9 or 10 I broke a pane of glass from my school’s greenhouse thinking that the door opened outwards (when actually it slid across). I pushed the glass and it fell and smashed. Oooops!
7) At the turn of my 18th birthday I met my amazing guy, began a new job within the Fire Service, embarking on a lifelong friendship with Tina, and I went on my first weeks holiday! Great times!
Thank you to everyone for reading this and we look forward to continuing to have fun and meeting others through the awesome world of blogging!
If you would like to accept this award, post about it and pass it on to others, here are the rules: 1. Add the ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD image to your post. 2. Share seven things about you. 3. Pass the award on to seven nominees. 4. Thank the person who nominated you. 5. Inform the nominees by posting on their blogs.
Tina and Caroline 🙂