- His Wicked Games (Ember Casey): Lily would do anything to save her father’s failing business – even take on the infamous billionaire Calder Cunningham. But she’s not prepared for the wicked terms he has in mind…
- Fierce (Clarissa Wild): Hot, brooding college bad-boy Hunter turns out to have more secrets up his sleeve than geeky book-worm Autumn can handle. Too bad for her he doesn’t give up the fight easily.
- That First Kiss (J.C. Valentine): Playboy and rising author Tate Larson is focused on his work with no plans of settling down anytime soon… that is, until a chance encounter with Southern beauty Piper Donovan derails all his plans
- Slow Burn (V.J. Chambers): A college junior, in hiding from a corrupt shadow wing of an arms corporation, finds herself saddled with a restrained, no-nonsense bodyguard—who also happens to be jaw-droppingly gorgeous.
- Layers Deep (Lacey Silks): He needs her to save a friend. She needs him to plan her revenge. Their pasts scar them Layers Deep. Their passion distracts them… and distractions can be fatal.
- Learning Curves (Olivia Rigal): Ariane wanted to spice up the life of her cooking school but one of her American students may be hotter than she expected.
- Can’t Shake You (Molly McLain): Carissa’s gotten herself into a mess with an impromptu renovation project, and the only contractor available to help her out happens to be the one man she’s never been able to forget. Josh is also her ex-boyfriend’s best friend, therefore completely off-limits…unless they don’t get caught.
- His Indecent Lessons (Sky Corgan): When Cheyenne started her first year of college, she didn’t expect to fall head over heels for one of her professors. His interest is totally academic though, and he’s going to give her private lessons she’ll never forget.
- Sorority Pledge (Daizie Draper): Inexperienced college students, Addison and Logan, recognize the need for power play in one another when they first meet. But as they dive into a BDSM lifestyle while trying to balance college life, they discover their sizzle doesn’t come without consequence.
- Rae Omnibus (Blair Babylon): Rae will do anything to stay in college and for her dream of a clinic for autistic kids, but when the sexy and mysterious owner of The Devilhouse offers her job, she realizes that her small-town definition of “anything” was far too limited.
I enjoyed ALL of the novels in this super smexy boxed set and award the collection a sizzling 4 stars. I felt that some of the reads warranted five stars and where this is the case I have indicated in the reviews below.
His Wicked Games, by Ember Casey *****
I LOVED this erotic contemporary take on Beauty and the Beast! The tale concerns the reclusive Billionaire Calder Cunningham and Lily Frazer, who trespasses onto his estate, to convince him not to pull the plug on his family’s funding of the community arts centre she runs with her father. I adored the increasingly passionate encounters between the couple as Lily risks all, including her heart to secure the future of the centre. Both characters were fun to get to know and the love-making scenes were particularly inventive AND super sizzling! Suffice to say that I have added a couple of fantasies to my list after reading this novel. I am looking forward to reading His Wicked Games, book #2.
Fierce, by Clarissa Wild *****
This is an emotionally intense and oh SO sexy New Adult read. I ADORED how the author pairs geeky Freshman Autumn with the super-hot bad boy Hunter and how they bring out the best in each other. Hunter is following a dark path and when Autumn falls hard for him will he drag her down with him or will she be his light and saving grace? The plot is full of suspense and twists and turns and Clarissa Wild has a real gift for character building. There are some sizzling scenes and plenty of angst as Autumn unravels the many secrets that Hunter is hiding behind his rough persona. The read contains lots of hot and sweet sex between the couple and also violence and drug references. Book #2 Flame, which continues their romance promises to be a must read.
That First Kiss, by J. C. Valentine *****
A sexy and memorable read featuring a sassy heroine and a loveable playboy, which brims with passion, humour and some great characterisations. It is impossible not to like the spunky heroine Piper who wants to escape her poverty stricken roots as she is hardworking, fun loving and independent. The scene where she first hooks up with Tate is a SIZZLING one! There were times when I could have cheerfully slapped Tate for being such a cad to Piper, but he DID grow on me. I particularly loved how Piper stood up to him and tried to ignore the attraction between them. Of course, although Tate has commitment issues he cannot deny the attraction he feels for Piper, yet will he lose her before it is too late?
Slow Burn, by V.J Chambers ****
In this romance I loved the fact that the hero Griffin and the heroine Leigh, two individuals who are very much broken in their own way, come together and help each other to mend. Leigh is leading an aimless life at college, indulging in drugs and meaningless sex, until Griffin appears. Realising she is in dire danger and at the same time becoming more and more attracted to the taciturn bodyguard hottie that is Griffin, Leigh decides to turn her life around. Despite their attraction, Griffin hides a dark secret that could jeopardise their future relationship and enemies are hot on their heels trying to destroy them. The tale contains some hot scenes, jealousy, drugs, violence and suspense. There are also references to psychological and physical abuse. Slow Agony is the next read in this series.
Layers, by Lacey Silks *****
This is SUPER SEXY erotic Romantic Suspense and one of my favourite within the boxed set in terms of its sizzling scenes and its intricate plot which kept me guessing. The heroine Allie wants revenge on a man responsible for destroying her life. The hero Tristan needs her expertise to help him rescue someone close to him and the mission puts her in great danger. I LOVED the chemistry between them – it is off the Richter scale and they cannot keep their hands off each other! Yet will Allie escape physically and emotionally from the mission once it’s complete and will she succeed in garnering Tristan’s help in exacting revenge? The read is very suspenseful and secrets are slowly revealed as the story progresses. It does end on one helluva cliff hanger and I will definitely read the next book, Layers Peeled, as I badly need to know what happens next!
Learning Curves I and II: French Cooking 101 and Advanced French Kissing, by Olivia Rigal ****
This novel is cleverly and expertly written – just when I thought that I had got the measure of some of the main characters I began to question my opinions and wonder if they are at all what they seem! I liked how it was written from the different POV of the main characters, giving me a real insight into their motivations and their actions. The novel is inter-dispersed with delightful French recipes, much humour and some hot lovemaking scenes. The principal characters have some baggage from previous relationships which they have to come to terms with. The book mainly focuses on the romances of siblings Mary and Peter. Peter, a widowed academic, who has accompanied his sister to Paris. Both siblings find romance – Mary with the taciturn George, an author and Peter with the owner of the cooking school, Ariane. The path to true love is not straightforward for Ariane and Peter however, as there are sacrifices ahead and also secrets from the past that the couple will have to contend with. Also is Peter the right man for Ariane after all she has been though? The next book in the series, Learning Curves 3, Detention, continues the tale.
Can’t Shake You, by Molly McBain *****
This romance is also a favourite of mine from this boxed set. It tells of Josh and Carissa, who spent a passionate night together four years ago, after which fate drew them part. Yet a few years down the line Josh returns to the small town and he finds himself honour bound to assist Carissa with a property renovation. A permanent relationship seems out of the question as since their initial encounter, Carissa has had a relationship with Josh’s best friend. I loved the emotional and physical attraction between the couple and how their mutual lust turns to passion and they become friends with benefits and more! Will Josh’s sense of honour, coupled with the fact he does not feel good enough for Carissa mean their relationship is doomed? Carissa also has her own emotional issues to deal with. Can these two wounded people help each other to heal? An unexpected enemy puts adds an element of danger and suspense to the scorching plot.
His Indecent Lessons, by Sky Corrigan ****
This is a bold piece of work as it deals with what is regarded as a taboo subject – a relationship between a student (albeit one who has reached her majority of 18) and a college professor who is older than her. Whereas Cheyenne fantasized about meeting a more mature student who would show her the ropes in terms of sex, she strikes gold with her sexy college professor Damien. The way Cheyenne inadvertently draws his attention to her is a scene that I will NOT forget in a hurry and had me cringing and laughing out loud at the same time! Little does she realise the consequences of her actions as she embarks on college lessons of a totally unexpected kind, where she begins to explore her sexuality more fully! Yet is there a future for them when she is so young and Damien has his position as a professor to protect, not to mention the age gap? Is it just sex or is there something more? This works well as a standalone but Sky Corrigan continues their romance in His Indecent Training, which promises to take their relationship to the next level.
Rae Omnibus. Billionaire In Disguise: Rae, by Blair Babylon *****
OMG – this book is by far my favourite! It is downright sexy, the scorching love-making scenes being something very special indeed. I just loved the characters of both the hero and the heroine and as the plot progresses the emotionally intense scenes at times moved me to tears. When Rae Stone agrees to work at the Devilhouse, a BDSM club run by Wulf a mysterious and controlling Dom, so that she can fund her college course and her dream of a clinic for autistic children, little does she know how her life will never be the same again. The imagination of the author knows no bounds, the love-making scenes are sublime and their rollercoaster romance went in directions that I could not have anticipated, but the storyline flowed beautifully. I was totally emotionally invested in the characters and I will certainly be seeking this author out again. This book is a standalone, but the next book in the series, Falling Hard: (Billionaires in Disguise: Lizzy) sounds a must read too.
Sorority Pledge (Books 1-6), by Daizie Draper ****
This is a coming of age story, comprising the first six books in a ten book serialization that follows a rocky romance where the hero Logan and the heroine Addison delve into the BDSM lifestyle in a big way! It contains many heated scenes of power play between the couple as they explore the dynamics of the BDSM lifestyle for themselves and what their own limits are. It balances this with the impact this has on their studies and their growing bond with one another. It is sexually explicit and a good introduction to readers who are not familiar with reading books on this lifestyle but want to read more.