Romantic and Emotional Contemporary
Welcome to the Spotlight Blitz for Harmony Stalter’s new release, The Stable Boy, a romantic and emotional tale of love, loss and second chances. Check out the book blurb and find out about the author. There are also a couple of great teasers and an excerpt to wet your appetite even further. Enjoy! Tina 🙂
Claire is a 40 year old widowed farm owner. She lost her husband in a terrible freak accident. In a constant state of depression for the past two years, her farm is failing. She barely has enough money to survive and her last farmhand just left to follow his new wife’s dreams.
She is all alone, until he walks into her life. She knows she needs the help, but does she want his help? Can she resist his good looks, charm, and flirting or will she give into temptation and open her heart and bed to him?
the stable boy
“What am I going to do with you, Josh?”
“I can think of a few things.”
“I can’t believe you just said that,” I said, hiding my face in a dishtowel. It was as if he could read my mind. He laughed. He walked over and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.
“What can I help you with?” he asked as he hugged me.
“You can take the pitcher of tea outside with some glasses,” I said hugging him back. I did not want to let go.
“Okay,” he said, slightly pulling away. He leaned in to kiss me. Backing me up against the counter, he kissed me hard. I let out a slight moan. This made him smile a little. He kissed me deeper and harder. He went to pull away. I pulled him back in. I returned his kiss, this time making him moan. He picked me up and sat me on the counter, continuing to kiss me. He kissed my neck, working his way down to my chest. I stopped him.
“We can’t do this right now,” I said. The panic was starting to kick in.
“Was it something I did?”
“No, it is definitely not you. It’s me.”
“I’m sorry. I will try to restrain myself.”
“It’s okay. I just keep thinking I am some how cheating on my husband.”
“But,” he said.
“I know, I know he is dead. Alison said the same thing the other night. I want to, believe me I want to, but I think we need to slow it down some.”
“I can go as slow as you like,” he said with a crooked smile.
ten fun facts about harmony
1. I smile at everyone.
2. I love making people laugh.
3. I am a lover of local bands. I see them as often as I can.
4. I dance around the house constantly, even when there is no audible music playing. If a song is in my head, I dance to it.
5. I cannot count how many concerts I have been to. There are just too many.
6. I treat people how I would like to be treated. I have been told I am one of the nicest people going.
7. I prefer to work in my pajamas, but driving an hour to my 9 to 5 job, I am sure I would get some looks from the other drivers and my boss when I walked in the office.
8. I have a habit of staring at people, almost to the point of being a creeper. It is just my way of memorizing the parts of them I want to use for a character in my next book.
9. I am an animal lover. They all seem to know it. Even as a child, I would walk up to any dog and hug it. My mother was always afraid I was going to get bit. I have never been.
10.I am very shy. I tend to keep to myself most times, but I do love to hang out with friends.
about the author
Harmony Stalter (1976-Present) was born in Newburgh, New York. She currently makes her home in Central Florida, and is a freelance writer that currently writes for a monthly magazine called All Access Music Magazine. She was an architectural drafter for three years before she dove head first into pursuing her career in writing, her first love. Employee Body Language Revealed: How to Predict Behavior in the Workplace by Reading and Understanding Body Language is her first book.
Since completing this book, she has written Dancing the Night Away, Bulk Cooking: Everything You Need to Know, and The Great Wolf Lodge 2011 Travel Guide. Look for these, and more upcoming titles from this writer on the rise, and make sure to visit her website at http://www.harmonysfreelancewritingworld.com.
Facebook | Twitter: @writer247